Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Faves

Hallelujah it's Friday!!! I had all the intentions of working in my classroom again today but Jansen had a bad reaction to some medicine last night so I kept him with me today so we could go to the doctor. Everything is all good now though :)



Here are my favorites this week! 

- ONE -

I've already professed my love of Starbucks in previous posts so I am super excited to share my recent favorite find. My normal Starbucks drink is a venti iced coffee with whole milk, 3 splendas and a pump of hazelnut. It's $3.19 and extremely yummy but unfortunately I don't have time to stop at Starbucks every single morning. I consider it a smooth morning if there's not a a last minute poopy diaper to be changed or a toddler meltdown. This ready made iced coffee is perfect for those mornings when I know I'm not going to make it out of the house early enough for a Starbucks stop. I bought the sweetened one (green lid) and just pour it over ice and add a little milk. SO.DANG.GOOD. You should be able to find it at your grocery store in the refrigerated section by the liquid coffee creamers. 

- TWO - 

Circle E candles have always been my favorite and I had no problem finding them when we lived in Granbury. There were several local boutiques that sold TONS of Circle E candles. I have a hard time finding them out here and when I do, they don't have a huge variety of scents. When I visited McKinney last week I was thrilled to find my Circle E candles. I decided on Fresh Cake and the smell is heavenly! The scent is subtle and really does smell like you're baking a cake, not burning a candle. 

I'm so picky on what scents I like for my house. I like food smells but nothing that is too sweet or syrupy. It's difficult to find spring/summer scents that don't end up giving me a headache. My favorites are the fall and winter scents :) My other favorite candles are from Bath and Body Works and I'm thinking that I may devote an entire post to candles....stay tuned because B&BW is starting to release their fall scents! 

 - THREE - 
If you are local and haven't been to The Lot yet you better hightail it over there! My mom had been talking about this place all summer and it was on my list of places to go, but just never made it out there. I finally made it out there on Wednesday :) My mom and I were running errands in Dallas and found ourselves starving and were right down the road from The Lot so we stopped in for lunch. My grandma was right around the corner so she met up with us. The atmosphere is to die for. We're talking perfect place for so many different occasions. Date night, family night, any event! 
I mean, have you ever seen a more FUN restaurant map?! My mind is already thinking of future date nights, family nights, and nights out with friends. The food is amazing and unique as well. I ordered the Lot salad and it was so good. We're talking roasted chicken, green apples, celery, eggs, and toasted almonds....I'm wishing they delivered right about now. I tasted the brisket sliders as well and oh my word, the buns were to die for (not to mention the brisket). My grandma swears by the mushroom swiss burger and although I'm not a fan of mushrooms, it looked awesome! 

And behold...I saved the best for last....Emporium Pie!!! 
Quick backstory on my experience with Emporium Pies -- I've seen some of my sweet blogging friends talk about Emporium Pies in McKinney for a while now and I was all set and ready to finally get my hands on a slice last week when I was in McKinney. Well I was still so full from the best ham & cheese melt I've ever had (like seriously, what I wouldn't give for one right now--the people at SNUG are geniuses) that even after walking allll around the square, I couldn't bear taking a bite of anything. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit how bummed I was that I didn't leave myself room to eat some of this AMAZING pie I've been hearing about for months. 

So as I'm reading the menu at The Lot, I see something that, no joke, made me absolutely giddy. "We proudly serve Emporium Pies". Oh.My.Goodness. I mean, I was just meant to have this pie y'all. Little did I know that there is an Emporium Pies in the Bishop Arts District...looks like I won't have to drive back to McKinney just to get some pie! 


Say hello to the Smooth Operator. The waiter just called it chocolate, but when I looked at Emporium Pie's website I saw it's "real name". Well chosen Emporium pies...well chosen. Simply stated "chocolate" doesn't do this pie justice--at all. You've got a french silk filling with a salty pretzel crust. I don't even know how to begin describing how amazing this pie was...I just can't. Just go get some...you'll thank me later.

Don't forget to check out Melanie's Friday Favorites HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment