Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to School, back to School To Prove to Dad that I’m not a Fool…

Gotta love Billy Madison :)  I can’t believe that the summer is already over for us teachers. Summer conference started on Tuesday and we were busy all the way through Friday. Even though I didn’t like having to wake up early again {I really, really love my sleep}, I LOVED learning all kinds of new things to use this year! It was definitely a great way to kick the new school year into gear and get pumped!! We have convocation tomorrow morning and then we’ll be at our campus the rest of the week. Time to REALLY tackle that mile-long to do list—no more piddling around in the classroom and chatting it up in the hallways for me! I’ve been working on and off in my room the past couple of weeks, but I don’t feel like I’ve got much to show for it. Time to GET.TO.WORK!! Kiddos arrive in T-minus 7 days—so much to do, so little time!

I just got home from a Mystery Host Pampered Chef party with my good friend Katie, so Supper Planning Sunday is a little late today…I’ll post that next, I promise! I am so proud of myself for only ordering 2, yes ONLY 2 things today! However, I did schedule to host a party in October so that is the only reason I was able to hold off on ordering all the goodies I was oooing and ahhing over. The party was about an hour away so Katie and I had lots of time to talk and laugh about numerous things {one of those things being us getting lost EVEN with GPS!} Katie walked away with the jackpot, she was the MYSTERY HOST!! {That means she is getting some goood stuff} I didn’t leave empty handed though, I won a door prize that I am excited to put to good use. After a few hours of gabbing,eating and figuring out how much money we could get away with spending, we hit the road to come back home {with a pit stop to Starbucks of course}.

Being able to spend that time with such a great friend helped remind me how extremely BLESSED and HAPPY I am with the life that God has given me. Dusty and I are surrounded with amazing friends and family and we could not be any happier with our life together and the people that we share it with. God is GREAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment