Sunday, August 7, 2011

Smells Like the Holidays

This scorching Texas heat has had me yearning for my favorite season of the year—FALL!! My favorite time of the year means the beginning of the holiday season..Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas :) And what good are the holidays without all the amazing food?! One of my favorites is the Broccoli Rice Casserole my mom makes every year. I’m ashamed to admit it, but I could honestly eat the whole thing if someone let me! In spirit of the {non} holiday season, I decided to attempt this dish. {I can at least pretend it’s cold outside, right?!

BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE

Small Jar of Cheese Whiz

1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 stick of butter

1 Yellow Onion

Box of Frozen Broccoli {I use fresh broccoli and cut off the stalks, using only the florets}

1 1/2 cups White Rice

1 Can French’s Fried Onions

Chop onion and sauté in stick of butter on med-high heat. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package. If you are using frozen broccoli, cook broccoli in the microwave while rice and onions are cooking.

Combine onion mixture, cooked rice and broccoli in a 2 quart casserole dish and crumble fried onions on top. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.

ENJOY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment