Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Behind the Blog...

Melanie and I thought it would be a good idea to do a "Behind the Blog" post to give y'all a little bit of insight as to who we are and why we blog. Melanie has been blogging much longer than I have...I'm still a newbie!

For those of you who don't know me or are new to reading the blog, I'm Lauren and here is what you should know about me. I am married to the love of my life, Dusty, and we have two kiddos, Sawyer and Jansen. Sawyer is 2 years old and Jansen is 7 months old...our kids our 18 months apart to the day. I feel like I run around like a chicken with my head cut off on most days, but I wouldn't trade the craziness for anything! It can be difficult at times (okay, a lot of the times) but I love how close in age the two of them are. I swoon over how close their bond is already and I pray that it stays that way (even though I know there will be times where they'll be driving each other crazy).

Dusty and I have been married for almost 4 years...our anniversary is next month :) I thank God for that man every single day. He makes life fun and is the most amazing leader for our family. I didn't think I could love any more than I did on our wedding day but boy was I wrong. I could go on and on about what I love about him and our marriage and partnership as parents, but it would get pretty mushy ;)

I just completed my first year as a 4th grade teacher (after teaching kindergarten for the past 3 years), and it was definitely an adjustment but I loved it. It was a welcomed challenge and experience and I am so excited for the next school year! Being a wife, a mommy to a toddler and a baby, and a teacher keeps me extremely busy and running on caffeine to make it through most days. I'm also a brand partner with Nerium and I create invitations, cards, announcements, etc...you'll see posts regarding those things later!

I am extremely passionate, have a love/hate relationship with chocolate (more love than hate), and tend to talk way too much. My husband and mom are two of my best friends...I don't know what I would do without them. I want to make memories with my husband and kids and not just go through the motions of each day. Watching The Real Housewives is my guilty pleasure and my husband can't walk through the room without making a comment about how awful the shows are....I just can't help but love the drama. I have a small obsession with my house smelling good. If I don't have a scentsy on, I've got candles burning. Our dog Duke is our 3rd child...he is spoiled rotten and truly believes he is a human.
The most important thing about my family is that we love the Lord and count our blessings each and every day.

I feel as though I'm finally "settling in" to my life and I'm enjoying every single second of it. The past 4 years have been full of life changes...graduating college, getting married, making it through my first year of teaching, having my first baby, learning how to be a working mommy, selling one house, building another, moving, teaching a new grade level, having my second baby, learning how to be a working mommy of two under the age of two....whew!! reading it all still makes my head spin a bit! With all of those huge changes settled and passed, I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of things and I'm not just "getting through" a point in my life.

The reason I decided to really get into blogging is because of the impact blogs have had on my life. When I started reading blogs, the majority of them were educational blogs and they were an amazing resource for me as a new kindergarten teacher. I was hooked on these blogs and spent hours reading them and learning new ideas and tools to use in my classroom. That's how blogging changed my life as a teacher. Most importantly though is how blogging has made an impact on my life as a mom and as a wife. I've fallen in love with the blogging world and the networking that it encourages. The relationships that mothers and wives have created through blogging is just plain amazing. How could you not want to be a part of that?! From mommy advice, to marital advice, fashion ideas, organizational tips, recipes, the list goes on and on for what I get from these blogs. This is why my sister in law, Melanie, and I really wanted to kickstart our blogs into high gear. If we can have a positive influence on any of our readers the way we've been influenced, that would be amazing!

If you ever have any questions or ideas for blog posts, email us and let us know! 

laurenlou5644@yahoo.com
melroseacker@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment