Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Shopping for the Kids

I have been in love with shopping for Sawyer since day one and when I found out I was going to have a boy, the only part of my heart that was sad was that part that loves to shop. Boy clothes....so not as fun to shop for as girl clothes (or so I thought).  I know Melanie had the opposite feelings as mine when she found out she was pregnant with Ella. She loved the boy clothes and wasn't sure what to do with a girl!

I could spend every single penny we make on clothes and shoes for the kids and if my husband is reading this, he is probably saying I basically already do. That's not true though ;) The inspiration for this post came as I was picking out Sawyer's and Jansen's clothes for their sibling pictures at daycare today.


These are the outfits I decided on. Jansen's shirt is from Old Navy and it's on sale right now for $10.00. You can find it HERE. His pants are from Carter's and he wears these all the time. They fit him perfectly and I have them in blue too. Both are on sale for $12.99 and they are normally $26! HERE! There aren't a ton of sizes left but I'm thinking I may buy him a size up so he can wear them again in the fall and winter.

Old Navy is my first stop when wanting to find affordable clothes for the kids that are simple and not stamped with cheesy animals or prints. I'm one of those mom that doesn't like to dress my kids in clothes that look like the typical "baby" or "kid" clothes. Don't get me wrong, my kids clothes are always age appropriate, I just like to dress them in clothes that look like mini "big people" clothes...does that make sense? Melanie knows what I'm talking about! I hardly every buy anything regular priced at Old Navy because they have sales so often. The couple times I have bought when there wasn't a sale, no joke the NEXT day I got an email about a huge sale going on. Talk about kicking myself in the behind...needless to say, I've learned my lesson. I also buy the majority of the kids' Old Navy stuff online because the selection is better than what I usually find in the stores. I hardly ever have to pay for shipping and they have more online sales than they do in-store sales.

I've gotten TONS of compliments on a few of Jansen's shirts that I've "splurged" on because I just couldn't stop thinking about his cute little self in them. I've only got a picture of him in two of them so you'll have to deal with the website picture for one of them.
I'm not sure why there are black dashes going down the shirt in the picture...it's not really on the shirt in person (and ignore the drool please) This will always be my favorite shirt of his and I'm so sad he's about grown out of it. It is the softest shirt ever..that vintage slub type. "Go Ahead, Swoon" is from The Printed Palette. Find them HERE. Their quality is amazing and their items are so unique.
I can't look at this picture without laughing because my kids look so NOT happy.  I totally bought them "matching" shirts and I swore I would never do that buuut I couldn't help it. I've been eyeing these "Like a Boss" shirt for a month now and I finally ordered them. TOO CUTE. You can see all the other variation of "Like a Boss" HERE at Slyfoxthreads. Once again, awesome quality and unique items!

I am in love with Jansen's Gotta Stay Fly tee! I haven' t taken a picture of him in yet so this will have to do. Ezra and Eli are only taking pre-orders on this shirt because it's so popular. Find it HERE. They have a tank version too that is super cute. 

Sawyer's top is Matilda Jane and her ruffle pants are by Baby and Me Designs. You can find them on Etsy HERE or Facebook HERE. They were featured on groopdealz.com or jane.com one day (I can't remember which one) and I ordered several pairs. I've tried several different brands of ruffle pants and these are by far my favorite. Sawyer has 5 different pairs of the triple ruffle pants and I am about to stock up on the double ruffle shorties for the summer. What I love most about them is that they are comfortable for Sawyer. They have plenty of stretch and they breathe well. Very important for a highly active 2 year old who runs, climbs, and jumps on anything and everything. I love pairing them with her Matilda Jane tops and dresses!
I mean...how cute are these shorts? Sawyer has that EXACT Matilda Jane top. I told you they look great paired with Matilda Jane!

I get lots of compliments on all of Sawyer's Matilda Jane outfits. I pretty much stick with the MJ tops and dresses because I like to pair them with solid ruffle pants or shorts from Baby and Me Designs. MJ has super cute bottoms as well, but I try to balance my spending ;) Here are some pictures of Sawyer showing off her MJ favorites. My friend Andrea over at Momfessionals is doing a giveaway right now for a $50 Matilda Jane gift card. I've already entered and you should too! Andrea is a "Jane" for MJ and she is accepting wish lists until Friday if you'd like to make on and submit an order to her. Follow the link above to her blog and you'll see an explanation on how to make a wish list and order. If you have any questions, you can email me at laurenlou5644@yahoo.com. I'm telling you, Matilda Jane quickly becomes an addiction. The quality cannot be beat and I love the quirky prints and textures. I feel like I've finally found a clothing line that matches my daughter's cute and spunky personality while still getting to be girly without all the frou-frou and fluffy stuff!








Let's talk shoes....

My go-to shoes with both kids have always been Converse and Toms. I've tried other brands but those are really my favorite. Jansen already has a pretty good Converse collection started because he has inherited 3 gender neutral pairs from Sawyer. That girl didn't like to wear shoes until around 14 months so all of her shoes before then are in perfectly good condition! My favorite places to buy Converse is Nordstrom and Diapers.com (this website will be getting an entire post later on...it's amazing!). I rarely buy them unless they are on sale which is pretty often at my two places of choice. His neon yellow ones in the top picture are from Diapers.com

How fun would THESE red, white, and blue ones be for the 4th of July?! AND they are 20% off right now if you buy 3 or more other clothing or shoes items with the code SUMMERVACAY...I'm so bummed they are out of Jansen's size!

I'm loving these for Sawyer!!! Perfect summer colors :) 

They are out of Jansen's yellow slip ons BUT they do have a neon orange pair on sale for $19.19. The only sizes they have available are 2 and 3 and there aren't many left so you better jump on it if you want them!

I really love TOMS the most for Sawyer right now because she can put them on herself...now they may not always be on the right feet, but you get the point. Nordstrom is where I get the majority of Sawyer's Toms and I almost always buy them online. I'll get on there periodically and just check to see which ones are on sale.

THESE are my favorite for Sawyer and she wears them almost every day because they go with EVERYTHING. My best friend, Brittney, bought her these for her 1st birthday and of course my stubborn child wouldn't keep them on her feet at the time so they have already found a spot in Jansen's closet (along with a navy pair and a red pair of Toms that she also wouldn't keep on her feet) However, I loved the burlap ones so much that I bought her another pair in her current size about 2 months ago and she loves them!


I'm dying over THESE coral crochet Toms....and the lime ones too!!

This post ended up be WAY longer than I anticipated, but if you ever see an item you like that my kids are wearing just send me an email or post a comment and I'd be happy to share where I found it!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment