Thursday, June 26, 2014

Trendy Thursday -- Summer nails

I absolutely love having my nails done and when I mean "done" I mean painted...not fake nails. I like the clean look of a short, painted manicure. That being said, I've never been a huge fan of trying to find the time to go get my nails done just to have them chip within a matter of hours. Yes, I said hours. Apparently I'm not the most delicate person when it comes to using my hands. I've tried doing them at home so I don't have to spend the money or time going to get them done. I'm horrible at painting my own nails...I'm praying that Sawyer never wants me to paint her nails because I can only imagine how awful I'd be at painting someone else's nails...a kid's nails at that. A moving target?? I don't think so. 

When I heard about gel nails a little over a year ago, (I think I called it shellac then...not sure what the actual correct term is to tell you the truth) I went and tried it out. Not impressed. I didn't try it again for several months but when I went back and had them done again, I had a change of heart. I love love LOVE them! Finally a manicure I can enjoy for over a month! It's actually worth the time and the money to go and get my nails done because they actually stay looking nice for a long time, no matter how tough I am on my nails. 

I know pretty much every single woman out there has either heard of gel nails or had them done before so I'm not sure how "trendy" this post actually is. This may be old news to you ;)


Melanie aren't you proud of me for not getting my usual dark nails?!?! For those of you that don't know me personally, when my nails are painted...95% of the time it will be a dark color. We're talking a deep navy or purple. Possibly dark grey or even black. I don't know why I am so drawn to short, dark nails but I have been that way since high school. I still remember Lindsay Wickman...Dilday now :) teasing me about me and my dark maroon nails. Those were the days when dark nails were still a "goth" trend I guess...is "goth" even a relevant term anymore? 
Anyways, I always go in with the intention of doing something new but the majority of the time I stick with what I know and love--regardless of the fact that it might be summer and it's the time for bright or light polish. #idon'tcareifitsafashionno-no

We'll see if I can stay away from the dark colors again next time...I'm still liking my bright and fun nails so far :)

Here are some ideas I've seen on Pinterest that I wouldn't mind trying.

 I am loving the aztec print on this one! I may have to bring this picture in next time :)


How perfect would this be for the 4th of July?!


Dark nails + sparkle = perfection! 


I'm thinking this would be cute for a pedicure with the glitter on the big toe.


Love the turquoise! 

1 comment:

  1. Soooo CUTE!!!! I have a love hate relationship with shellac!!!

    ReplyDelete