Monday, June 9, 2014

Mommy Must-haves Monday



I'm so excited to really dive into the blogging world and do more than just my monthly post (which was usually late!). My sister in law and I have been brainstorming blog post topics and "themes" for a while and we just can't wait to get started. You'll see us linking up A LOT! You can find Melanie HERE Summer has officially begun, so let the blogging commence!

I have three Mommy Must-haves this Monday so here we go! All three deal with written organization. If it weren't for this three things, I would be LOST! 




This book keeps me sane with all the things I have to remember. Complete lifesaver! I was a such an Erin Condren junkie before finding this gem and now I will never go back. Don't get me wrong... I love Erin Condren's planners, but this layout just works better for me. 

I still have my month at a glance two-page spread at the beginning of each tabbed month. What I love the most is that each day has a FULL page to utilize. This is the problem that I would run into with every planner I've ever had. I'm a writer. I love to write. I love to make lists. I'll make the same list in 3 different places...it's ridiculous I know. Some people just use their phones now for their calendar and lists...I do that to, but I still have to have a hard copy. It just makes me feel more organized in my hot mess of a life. There is a place for that day's to-do list, notes, time blocks, meal planning. Every thing a busy momma needs is there! 

The January 2014 - December 2014 edition isn't available anymore BUT the 2015 edition will go on sale September 3rd @ 10:00 AM! So mark your calendars and just pretend you're writing in you future Simplified Planner for now ;) The website is closed temporarily as they prepare for their summer launch so make sure you check back mid-June.



I came across May Designs a couple years ago and fell in love instantly. It completely satisfies my love of writing things down. And yes, I have a book specifically for all the lists I make. May books I have had in the past include: Meal Planning, Budget, Baby Bump Diary, Baby Diary and I think that's it. They are the perfect size to keep in your purse without eating up much room or adding a lot of weight. 
You can completely customize your books and they make for great gifts! 





Hi, my name is Lauren and I am a pen snob. What fun is it to do all of that writing if you don't have pretty pens?! I've had both types of cases when it comes to these pens. I loved the hard case, but I've found the roll up case works better for me. It's easier to throw in my purse or school bag and doesn't take up as much room. These are my go-to pens for grading papers as well! 


1 comment:

  1. I love the May Books! I changed my mind.....I have to have one!!! And I heart your bling!

    ReplyDelete