Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Faves

It's Friday and I'm finally back to blogging after being sick since Monday. I still don't know what it was but it hit me hard and I've still got the sore throat but no more fever. Hallelujah!! The doctor thought it might be strep (even though the strep test came back negative), but gave me an antibiotic just in case. My guess is that it was some type of virus because the antibiotic didn't make any difference. Thank goodness I have a husband that will take care of me when I'm sick and take on all the house/kid duties #besthusbandaward

My favorites this Friday are random but then again, they usually are ;)


I am obsessed with this shower lotion. I started using it during my freshman year at ASU and I've been using it ever since. I have a hard time consistently finding it at the store so it's one of my "subscribe and save" items on Amazon. I have the 4 bottle pack shipped to me every 3 months. I take super hot showers and that doesn't do any favors for my already dry skin. Using this lotion in the shower keeps my skin from itching as soon as I get out of the shower. Dusty still comments on how good it smells so that makes me love it even more.


One of my favorite moments of the week was when I came home to my latest Matilda Jane order on the front porch. By far my favorite packages to get in the mail!!! MJ had a BIG sale a couple weeks ago and I didn't hesitate to take advantage. I think it's safe to say that Sawyer's Matilda Jane section of her closet is growing rapidly. This is one of the few brands where you get what you pay for. I love that Sawyer can wear these pieces throughout the seasons by adding a jacket, shrug, cardigan, or long sleeve tee. Once the dresses become a little too short, she's still able to wear them by using it as a top and adding a cute pair of ruffle pants.
Sebastian Potion 9 is amazing!!! One of the blogs I follow posted about this stuff last summer and I looked up the reviews....clearly people felt as strongly as she did because it had RAVE reviews. I went back and forth on whether or not to try it out because my hair usually gets weighed down really easily with most products like this. This is a leave-in product that I put on my hair while it's still wet. I get all the excess water out of my hair and then use one pump of the product (I gather my hair into a low ponytail and just run my hands through the ponytail only). After that, I comb my hair with the wide comb to make sure it's evenly distributed. Then you just style your hair like normal, sometimes I let it air dry so it'll be wavy or I'll blow dry and straighten it. This product keeps my hair healthy and manageable. My hair looks smooth and polished when I use my Potion 9. You can find it on Amazon HERE.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Love MJ!!! If I ever have a little girl we will be matching in MJ!

    ReplyDelete