Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Prayer Request

When I think of a 5 year old, I think of a child getting ready for kindergarten with their brand new backpack (that is more than likely bigger than they are) filled with crayons, markers, little scissors, spirals with their favorite t.v. star or musician on the front...possibly puppies or some disney character.

What I don't think about is a 5 year old getting ready to undergo open heart surgery...it's just extremely hard to wrap my head around.

Meet Claire.


This little girl is amazing. She has the biggest heart I've ever known in a child.  Her strength, smile, and love for Jesus Christ are beyond inspiring...just like her mother, Katie. This amazing little girl comes from an even more amazing family. I don't have enough words to express my love for this family and how much I appreciate and cherish my friendship with Katie. Katie has been there for me as a fellow wife, mom, teacher and most importantly, sister in Christ. 

Claire's first heart surgery took place when she was just 11 days old...yes I said 11. I told you she was tough! Next Friday, July 25, Claire will be having open heart surgery to repair her right pulmonary artery and attempt an adult valve.

Please keep Claire, her family, the team of doctors, anesthesiologists, and everyone else involved in your prayers. 


Katie and Claire. Love these two girls!!! 



Katie posted this on Facebook last night and I don't think it could be any more fitting. 

We ordered shirts to support Claire on her surgery day and I can't wait to wear that neon yellow shirt to show my support for sweet Claire. I'll post a picture of it as soon as it comes in. Dusty and Sawyer got one too and if they had a size small enough for Jansen, you can bet he would've had one too. 

I'll leave you with Claire's verse (coincidentally it's mine too...it's what I chose as the footer on my blog page) 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:

Post a Comment