Monday, July 14, 2014

Who gets sick in the summer???

This girl does! Dusty pointed out to me that I always, ALWAYS get sick during the summer. I make it through the winter and flu season just fine but for some reason once the weather gets HOT, I come down with something! Most of the past week was spent trying to make it through each day without wanting to rip my throat out, layering myself with more clothing and/or blankets, and falling asleep at an appropriate time.

My throat really started hurting at work on Monday and by the end of the workday on Tuesday, I knew I needed to go to the Dr. I got started on my antibiotic for "possible strep" ASAP and prayed it would kick in fast. Unfortunately for me, whatever I had must have been viral because time (and Tylenol) was the only thing that helped me get over this bug. Yesterday was the first day I felt somewhat back to normal and today was the first day my throat didn't hurt. Yay for no knives when I swallow anymore!!

I'm off work on Wednesdays so Melanie and my mom came over to help "revamp" my closet. I know Melanie's little OCD self about had a heart attack when she walked in my closet to see the damage. Bless her heart for not making me feel bad about the wreckage we were about to dig into. Let's get this straight...I'm not a slob by any means...keeping things organized just isn't high on my priority list for the time being. And when I do try to organize, I have the cutest little munchkins that come right behind me and find a way to obliterate everything within minutes. I would absolutely LOVE to have everything in my house organized and it does drive me crazy to have my house look like chaos 97% of the time BUT I don't want to spend more time taking care of my house than I do my kids. I know that once Sawyer and Jansen are a little bit older and more independent, I will have more time to tend to the house but for now the attention is going to go to the kids and Dusty.

I know I should've taken a "before" picture but I just couldn't bring myself to do it so y'all just get an "after". It's nothing fancy, and it may not look like it but everything has a place and if I can just get a lock put on closet door (to keep Sawyer out), it'll stay that way.


Hi, my name is Lauren and I'm a tank-aholic. Clearly I was in need of a good tank top purging....



 I have all of my tops organized by sleeve length -- sleeveless, etc and short sleeves on the right side of the closet...3/4 length and long sleeve on left side of the closet along with my dresses. Skirts and pants are on the bottom left as well as exercise clothes on the bottom right. Jeans, tank tops, camis, shorts and wedges are on the built in shelf.



 We are in the process of redoing Sawyer's room into her "big girl" room. I moved her old dresser into our closet so I could use it to house all of my accessories. I don't have anywhere near as many accessories as Melanie, but I've got something to start with. My jewelry sits on top and my scarves are organized into the top two drawers of the dresser. The other two drawers have tights, swimsuits, etc.

I thought I was feeling better during all of this minus the nagging sore throat, but apparently I should have been resting more because I spiked a fever Wednesday night.

Thursday morning I had a fever of 102 and felt ROUGH! I went into work for a couple of hours before coming home and crashing for 3 hours. I learned my lesson from the day before and just relaxed for the rest of the day before going to pick up the kids from daycare. How lucky am I to have a husband AND a daughter to do the vacuuming?


Friday was automatically a good day when I received these goodies on my front porch!!!


Friday afternoon and evening was spent swimming at Nana and Papa's. Sawyer was having so much fun that we let her stay the night there so she could stay in the pool a while longer. Bubba needed to get home and get to bed ASAP. He obviously couldn't wait any longer. He fell asleep within minutest of being in the car and this is how he stayed while we changed him into his PJs.


We found ourselves back at Nana and Papa's on Saturday after the kids woke up from naps. Sawyer took an early nap after being up a little later the night before. I'm kicking myself right now for not taking pictures while we were swimming...I told you that's something I need to work on. I do have a picture of Sawyer pulling every single tissue out of the box. That girl has an obsession with wipes and I guess tissues gave her that "fix" she needed haha. She had us all laughing as she would grab a tissue and go wipe everyone's noses (not with the same tissue) by grabbing your nose under the tissue. #anythinggoesatnanaandpapa'shouse


Our Sunday consisted of church and back home to get ready for the week. We had laundry to do and baby food to prep for the week. Nothing exciting happening in the house besides steak for dinner. I always get excited when Dusty cooks steak. That boy knows how to cook a steak better than any steakhouse. Sawyer agrees with me on that one because she kept asking for more...and more...and more. #mymancancook

Here are some other random pictures from the week.


Trying to take a picture of her and it turned out blurry as she is shaking her finger at me saying "No, no Mommy".


Licking the back door while Daddy is grilling out....


This one just makes me laugh.



I found a "selfie" on my phone from someone. I guess we need to work on being too close to the camera...



Don't forget to check out Melanie's weekly recap on her Sum it Up Sunday post from yesterday! We start our bible study tomorrow night and I couldn't be more excited! We can't wait to share some of study and fun with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment